Wednesday, January 19, 2011

On the road to repealing Obamcare

I am cautiously optimistic ad the growing movement to repeal the law laughingly called Affordable Care Act (ACA), or better known as Obamacare.

Now let's get this right out in the open: a lot of people are angry at the use of the word Obamacare, and to them I merely point them to Google, wherein you'll find that the Department of Health and Human Services have paid for a Google Ad that will direct you to their site if you search on Obamacare.  So regardless of whether I want the law repealed or not, if the HHS is going to spend our tax monies on Google searches of the word Obamacare, it's good enough for me!

My kid's physicians announced they no longer take Medicare, my current job is to be relocated without my yet knowing if I am invited along, and my employment future is still not-as-good-as-I'd-like, yet I am growing optimistic that Obamacare will be repealed.  Maybe not this year, but not too far down the line.

It is a boondoggle and a nightmare of government overreach, pushing good doctors out of the field. Here's an interview with one dedicate physician who can no longer afford to practice her art:



The House vote will be the first step towards killing (yes, I said killing) this horrendous law.  I am not so optimistic to think the Senate will vote to overturn it, but it may.   But step-by-step, the voters will hear the arguments, see their taxes rise to pay for this mess, see the numbers of doctors dwindle, then they'll oust the Senators who stand in the way.

And even if that means waiting until 2012, so be it.  I just hope it won't be too late for us all!

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook