Tuesday, November 23, 2010

TSA Screenings... some questions

While I am probably not the first to pose these, please indulge me:

  • New York is the only state in the country where women can be topless legally, after a 1992 ruling in the state's highest court. That means any woman can walk around the city at any time with no shirt on. (Link: NY Daily News).  That means my much-better-half can present herself topless at the LGA or JFK TSA screening line in order, you know, to speed things up, right?
  • If I am online and either I object to the scanner or I am selected (for whatever reason) to go on the pat-down line, what if I am wearing those track pants with snaps up and down the legs, and underneath I wear only a Speedo and two pasties (say, the Obama logo) on my tits?  Won't that speed things up?  (In the interest of full disclosure: even during the height of my Taekwondo training I was not a pretty site au natural.  While I still try to work-out on my own, I am probably the pastie-white nightmare you imagine).

    OH LOOK!  Someone (much better looking) beat me to it:
    My TSA Stripdown: Nov 21 at Seatac from Furry Girl's Feminisnt.com on Vimeo.
  • Typically, we have restroom/dressing room attendants or pat-down agents of the same gender of the customer.  Say a gay person says I don't want any same-gendered agent frisking me because that I am uncomfortable with anyone of the same gender touching me there!  Would the TSA accommodate the request? 
  • What if a person (myself, or anyone else) insists on a specific-gendered TSA agent conduct the search?  Say I want that gal over there to frisk me, as opposed to that guy.  Or could I say anyone but him/her ?  
Your thoughts/comments are invited.

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook