Friday, November 12, 2010

Blogging and your career

I have been waiting for the decision that will affect my career: that being whether my company will offer me to relocate to Maryland or will I be laid-off instead.   The zero-hour currently is 1-August, which is the day my role will be in Maryland - whether I will be there or not.

I have earned an IT-related certification  -  CompTIAs Security+, an important and relevant cert - and I am actively working on another, in order to firm up my resume'.  

Many so-called career experts advocate blogging to help make your brand.  How ironic that I have been blogging since 2005.  However, as I am free to speak my mind on any topic I want because I am anonymous, I cannot point to this humble blog to promote my brand.    

Probably my biggest question is how, exactly, do I promote my brand ?  As a defense contractor for the last 14 years, I have experise on a variety of platforms and systems that are largely, sad to say, heading for extinction.    This will be the big test!

I have toyed with a blog under my surname for some time, and I am getting closer to it with each passing day.   I would post the link here, but then that would make my remaining anon here a hard sell, wouldn't it?

Do you blog your brand?  How do you separate your career profile from your personal one?

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook