Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Countdown underway (no, not for November)

Well I am in a place not terribly unfamiliar,   I am facing either a relocation that will be devastating in many ways or a layoff which will be hardly better.

In a recent post (as if there are many to choose from) I mentioned my position will be relocated as of September 1, 2011, but there's no guarantee I will be invited to join it.   So now I am inside the 51 week countdown.

Again, I know there are lot of people worse off.  Two co-workers got axed on a Friday afternoon, no warning. So whining is the last thing I intend to do.   Either way, I lose: if they offer me the position in Maryland, I lose because it will be 18-24 months before I am in the position to relocate the family (and that's assuming a rosy housing market, and thanks to President Obama and Congress, that's hardly likely).

I don't want a hand out, I don't want unemployment.  I want the economy that fell into recession to work it's way out like it has traditionally done.   I want the failed programs and foolish spending programs ended before they prolong the recession further (and likely make it worse).   I fear more than ever I may lose my health care and be forced into the Medicare program - the same one my kid's physician's have said they no longer accept. If I don't find work, and have to use the horribly planned federal program, what do I do then??

I know America is better than it is this year.  I know things will get better, but I fear not before they get worse.  This election is important to hold things from getting worse, but even if it acts as a referendum on the horribly Liberal programs (as I predicted more than 2 years ago), the damage Mr. Obama and Congress have caused won't be brushed aside very quickly.

In the meantime, I have to finish my certification test, get myself marketed in Social Media (a tough sell for someone who is so anonymous in general), and have a take-no-prisoners approach to finding work.   Should the very worse happen, let me go on record now: I pledge I will not be side-lined long.  If I am laid-off, it won't be more than a month before I find something - maybe not in my chosen field, but I will not sit and sulk... I stock shelves, pump gas, or even pump septic tanks... nothing will be beneath me.

I may have to deal with this oppressive government, but I won't let it ruin my spirit!

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook