Thursday, February 25, 2010

Health Care Summit


I had wished to expound my thoughts on the whole health care summit, but will only have time enough to list some key points:

<>·         <>The Republicans had better not demand the entire bill be scrapped and restarted.  Not today, not at this summit.  That may well be their end-game (which I support!), but they shouldn’t come out of the gates demanding such.  The media will hang that on their mantle as being the party of no.

<>·         <>The real party of no has not been the Republicans but, in fact, the Democrats.  The Democrats said no every time the Republicans offered their ideas or amendments to the bills.    Remember: it was the Democrats who said ‘We won, you lost’.   No one doubts the winning team gets to call the plays, but to suggest that automatically means no input from the other side is ridiculous.    You cannot reject EVERYTHING the minority party offers but then complain that party won’t agree to anything you offer.   Politics is compromise.

<>·         <>Already, President Obama, Vice President Biden and Sen. Reid have remarked at the amount work the Senate has done this session. Had the Republicans been totally ‘no’, nothing would have passed.  You can’t have it both ways.

<>·         <>If the Democrats, with their former Super Majority, couldn’t pass a health care bill, what’s to say it’s going to be easier now that they’ve lost seats?

I have said it before and will say it again: I will do everything in my power to prevent my family from being dependent on a government health care system.   I will work myself to death, if need be, in the cause.    This is how much I fear their proposals, and why I have been calling my representatives (and others) stressing they kill the bill.

It must not pass!

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook