Tuesday, October 06, 2009

You know you're getting old when..

This weekend I was at a Scouting event during which several parents were gathered and talking amoung ourselves.


Besides me, in the group were 4 parents, male and female.  One mom, the parent of 4 (3 boys, 1 girl) was discussing something related to high school, and how her oldest son would start in just a year.   The conversation drifted to other related topics, including graduations.   It was then I began to speak on my own experiences:

Me: Well, when I graduated, it was 1982, and ...
She: Wait!  You graduated when?
Me: I said I graduated in 1982, and ..
She: Oh, my God!
At this point, the group of parents are more concerned at what she's apparently shocked at regarding 1982 - including me - rather than the point I was about to raise.
Other Parent: Did something exciting happen to you in 1982?
She: Um, no, not really.  I was only 5 in 1982!!

Now every one started to console me about my apparent old age but I didn't care.. I never think about aging, or getting old.    Too many more important things that can be controlled are more pressing than worrying about aging.


Still, the shocked look on her face was priceless.

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook