Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Supreme Court Nominee Sonia Sotomayor

I've gone on record saying is entitled to his choice of nominees for the Supreme Court:

I defended President Bush's right to nominate justices and I will do the same for President Obama, despite the fact that I oppose his positions on nearly 100% of the issues.
And I stand by that statement.

So it is interesting to hear what then-Senator Obama had to say regarding the nomination of Justice :


So while I would go so far as to say the President is entitled to his nominee, what senator will have the moral fortitude to take a stand such as Mr. Obama? After all, if denying Judge Alito confirmation on the basis of his philosophy and ideology was good enough for Senator Obama, why wouldn't the same logic hold true for Judge Sontomayor for today's senate?

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook