Friday, February 06, 2009

Valentines Day approaches

In the interest of full-disclosure, the reason this post is being made early (unlike in prior years) is that I am doing so to help promote Dad Blogs, a new blog/portal that is being run by a couple of good guys I've come to know (as much as one could say they know a person online) over the last few months.   They're running a contest to help promote their efforts, and I wanted to help them out.  So in that spirit, here's my early post:



Valentine's Day is a holiday I've blogged about in the past, and in that time I've expressed less-than-a-thrilling opinion of it. It is, indeed, a big day for my 2 sons on behalf of their Mom, so I do not want my opinion of the day to anyway overshadow the gal whom I call my much-better-half.

Truly, while I applaud and salute the moms out there who go to work and take care of the house, being a stay-at-home mom and Academic Coach to two cyber-school students can be daunting in and of itself:  as the 13 year old becomes more independent in his studies, she still has his work to review, and overall schedule to manage.  Our 6 year old is in kindergarten now, so that keeps her hands full as well.  Believe me when I tell you: these kids do not get to spend their days in front of the TV or playing video games.  And that's not to mention the dozens of errands and other trips which are far too numerous detail here.

On top of all that, she gives me time to pursue my study of taekwondo, and puts up with me, which anyone who knows me can attest to the fact: that ain't easy!

So while we'll not be able to get away for dinner alone anytime soon, I will be working with the younger son in particular this weekend to craft up a card from him to her.  The older son hasn't approached me on anything for mom yet, but that'll be discussed over the weekend as well.    

That my MBH and I don't make an impressive deal as perhaps others for this holiday shouldn't take away from the fact that she is an incredible woman, whom I certainly do not deserve, but that I am grateful for in ways that cannot be put into words.

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook