After my brief absence there is a huge desire to wax politically. Suffice it to say I will save such rants for another day - except to point to this story of radicals who really ought to have their collective heads examined.
Some notable links for this solemn holiday:
- The Real Story of Thanksgiving
- George Washington's 1798 Thanksgiving Proclamation
- As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!What would be Thanksgiving without a Turkey? Here's a link to the classic episode of WKRP in Cincinnati.
- President Lincoln's Official Thanksgiving Proclamation. A definite must-read.
- We made it through another year (er, at least about 11 months worth) without anyone in the fam having an unscheduled visit to a hospital. Who could argue this isn't a good thing?
So as you site at the family table - wherever it may be, with but a few or a mass of family or one or even if you happen to be by yourself - take a moment and give thanks for the good things you do have.
And if you are reading this, please accept my thanks for being there. Without you, I'd be talking to myself. And trust me: I do enough of that in my car... Sphere: Related Content
♦DiggIt! ♦Add to del.icio.us ♦Add to Technorati Faves ♦ Facebook