Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Time is here

One of the doubled-edge swords of having a blog is that you can look back at posts from previous years.

Sometimes you can relish in seeing how far you've come.  Other times, you find yourself typing the same ole' same old again.


The more things change, the more they stay the same, so goes the old saying.  I find myself in a repeated funk this time of year.   And like last year, I know I'll get out of it, but it seems even harder to do so this year than last. 

This year I can blame my shopping procrastination in part on my study of taekwondo.  Our dojang is open Monday - Thursday, but is closed tonight and tomorrow, and again next week.  So I tried to get extra work outs to make my average of 2 nights per week.   Lame excuse, I realize, but after the summer gas prices costing me upwards of $32 per day to get to work, my MBH and I agreed to go light with each other this year.

On the upside, she did secure a purchase of most-valued Wii, and I must brag that I have shown quite a bit of restraint in not testing the unit yet.  So we have a definite anchor gift for the boys this year, and plenty of other wonders for them to open.   Then this weekend it's our annual romp to my parents and my in-laws....

...with that in mind, I'll be stopping at my local State Store to load up on a sufficient quantity of libations... heaven knows I'll need it!

And on that note, to those who still bother to stop and read my missives, a very Merry Christmas to you all!

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook