Wednesday, November 26, 2008

On giving Thanks

After my brief absence there is a huge desire to wax politically.   Suffice it to say I will save such rants for another day - except to point to this story of radicals who really ought to have their collective heads examined.

Some notable links for this solemn holiday:

Updating my recurring list of things to be thankful for:
  • We made it through another year (er, at least about 11 months worth) without anyone in the fam having an unscheduled visit to a hospital.  Who could argue this isn't a good thing?
Whatever our particular lot in life, no matter how bad a week/month/year you've had, while there are those we envy - secretly or otherwise - those people are in the minority. And I can tell you: their lives are not all rosy either.

So as you site at the family table - wherever it may be, with but a few or a mass of family or one or even if you happen to be by yourself - take a moment and give thanks for the good things you do have.

And if you are reading this, please accept my thanks for being there. Without you, I'd be talking to myself. And trust me: I do enough of that in my car...

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook