Thursday, September 25, 2008

So where have I been?

I am still largely offline, both at home and at the office.  Access to my GMail is still available, but technically in violation of company rules.   So we'll see what happens.

Work is going fairly well, altho lots of changes in the management layer just over my head.   Not terribly worried about it, but it is still on my RADAR.

Home PC is still dead, now entering its third week.  So I use MBH's when she isn't online, so my time at home is short.

Practically speaking, I am trying to get a 2nd hand motherboard for a +6 year old Dell.  Yeah, I know, I can replace the whole damn box for ~$500 (and please, with all due respect, no more suggestions for a Mac.  Mac is a very reliable desktop, but completely incompatible with my kid's cyberschool, my employment, and pretty much my career).  But if I can get one, cheap, it will get me back to where I was in very short-order.  Yes, my old hard drive is intact, and I have back-ups, but I would much rather plan a migration to a new box rather than force the issue.

I could just order another PC, but I have to watch the ol' bottom line; fuel prices are moderating  - $3.329 this afternoon - but I still average 8 gallons a day, so it's still pricy.  And Christmas is just around the corner.

Of course, I do literally need the PC for my job, so something will be resolved this weekend.

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook