Monday, September 15, 2008

Offline

Last week, my home PC crashed. With little warning it It won't boot, no video, no POST beep, none of the USB peripherals power-up.

After securing the services of one of office IT guys (one of the cool ones, as opposed to the Corp-IT group), it was determined that either the motherboard or the CPU had bitten the dust.    The upside, the hard drive is intact and safe.

A friend's husband is looking to see if he can set me up with a replacement motherboard.  Seeing how eBay sells them from $20-$200, I am a little leery rolling the dice in that regard.  If all else fails, I'll buy another Dell (this one was bought Feb-02, so it really doesn't owe me much).

So my postings have been few this week, and will continue as such until I correct this situation.

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook