Friday, August 01, 2008

Quick Hits

With an average daily traffic currently reaching 421, including a visitor from Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan (Google Map) interested in my take on Randy Pausch, it's time for more Quick Hits...

  • Gas Prices decline: If you were to look at my cell phone, you'd see a photo of the gas station prices at my local retailer near home (I have several dozen photos I neglect to transfer... leaving them there is a bad habit). I paid $3.68.9 this morning. That's hardly anything to cheer about, but it's better than the $.30/gallon more I've paid in recent weeks. Could it be the President lifting the Executive Order on off-shore drilling? Could it be China's decision to end subsidies on oil imports? Perhaps both, because they both feed into the supply-and-demand equation. Strange, isn't it, that Speaker Nancy Pelosi decided to block any vote on offshore drilling.... I guess she likes the people of America paying a lot for fuel. More importantly, the GOP minority has seemed to grow a much needed backbone in recent weeks, continuing to discuss the issue even after Speaker Pelosi turns off the House lights. Had the GOP realized sooner the error of their ways from the 2006 election, they'd be in a much better position, but better late than never.
  • HAPPY 20th ANNIVERSARY: No no, not mine (got many months more before I cross that threshold), took to nationally syndicated airways 20 years ago today (and the critics said he'd never make it!). Love him, hate him, or anything in between: you have to give him props for that accomplishment. Even non-paying members of his website can visit his virtual LIMBAUGH MUSEUM OF BROADCASTING ... hear clips of the show, discover background information on Rush, see video clips of President Clinton made famous by Rush ... well worth your time, indeed!
  • Start your engines! If you think that my living less than an hour away from Pocono Raceway means I would have been to many a race in the last 16 years, YOU LOST (kudos to ). However, tomorrow my 12 year old and I will be at the track for the days festivities and afternoon ARCA race. I know, it's not quite as good as either of the two senior circuit races, but believe me tickets for them are not cheap. So I do what I can. Our estimates are that the 6 year old wouldn't have fun in all the noise, and neither would my MBH (which is ironic because she's the big auto racing fan in the house). I am bringing a camera (in addition to my cell phone), so I hope to post some pics.
  • Speaking of cell phones and irony: Got me a voice mail message today from a head hunter. Could prove interesting...

1 Yeah, I know it used to be more: compared to many blogs, that's not exactly an impressive number. But hey, it's my blog, and I like it.



Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook