Monday, July 21, 2008

Easy first day of push-up challenge; why not join me?

As promised, today is the first day of the one hundred push-up challenge. The challenge lasts 6 weeks, and promises at the end that I should be able to pump out 100 push-ups.

Up until now, I could muster out 2 sets of 25 push-ups without too much sweat, so much so I sporadically did them first thing, in the office, before others showed up. Following the program's description, I did a set of 10 push-ups (for me, at least, easy), rested for 60 seconds, 10 more, 8 more, 6 more and then the maximum I could do reasonably; today I pumped out 35 more (the last 3 somewhat wobbly).

On day 2 of the first week (Wednesday), I am supposed to 2 sets of 12, 2 sets of 10, followed by the maximum I can do (minimum 10). On Friday I am to do sets of 15 and 13, 2 sets of 10 again, followed by the max (min: 15). As the program progresses, so do the minimums. I'll update my progress weekly.

In the meantime, you can join me!! Follow the link above to my original post, and check out One Hundred Push-Ups for the training chart that is tailored to your ability.

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook