Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What do you mean you don't watch? How is that possible?


I entered the coffee room a short time ago and was greeted by a few colleagues who asked which David I liked.

Me: I haven't reviewed all of the resumes yet, so I don't know to whom you are referring.
He:  I told you he doesn't watch.
She: No, I mean David Hernandez Cook and David Archuleta1.   From American Idol.
Me: Oh.   Not a clue;  Dan is right, I don't watch the show.
She: Do you mean you missed last night's show?
Me: I mean I may have watched all of about 90 minutes of the show since it debuted.  Each season I give it a try, and about 8-10 minutes into the show I am reaching for the remote.
She: But it's a great show!
Me: OK... it's great you enjoy it.  
She: What do you mean you don't watch? How is that possible?
Me: What can I tell you?
She: So you don't care who wins?
Me: Have we just met?


1 In the interest of full disclosure: I had to Google the names of the contestants, and was later told David Hernandez was voted off weeks ago.

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook