Friday, May 23, 2008

Have we met?

Yesterday I spoke to one of the 2 senior managers in the office.

He: Are you coming in to the office tomorrow, or are you working from home?
Me: I'll be in.
He: Oh, good.  Being the holiday weekend, we'll probably be sent home early.  And somehow the 45 minute commute for a short day just doesn't seem to make any sense.
Me: ... Have we met?
He: Oh.. um... uh... well, you know, I...
Me: It's all good; I already told you I was coming in...
He then went on to advise that since neither he nor the other manager would be in, I'd have their on-site delegation.  While my commute is more than twice his, there was no point in my making a bigger deal about what he said.  Besides, it should be a quiet day today.

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook