Monday, August 06, 2007

Rainy days and Mondays

Talkin' to myself and feelin' old
Sometimes I'd like to quit
Nothing ever seems to fit
Hangin' around
Nothing to do but frown
Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.

I've used the phrase rainy days and Mondays as a throw-away line for years, but today it seems most appropos. No reason for it, but it seems an unusually blah day. Thanks to the magic that is YouTube, those of you too young to have apprecicated The Carpenters can get a glimpse - audibly and visually - of the magic that was lost years ago.

Over the weekend I had in my head a number of things to post about, but never quite got them published. I even mused about having a separate blog of all the posts that I started and never finished; like many posts that are here, they were timely but wouldn't necessarily stand the test of time. Some were, if I may be so bold, funny, and others were so bad it's no wonder I didn't publish them.

My feed list is full of unread posts, and more than a few 'daily reads' are long overdue. I have scads to say about Decision '08 -- did you hear how Sen. Obamma has ruined his chances for the top slot? (While I am not the first to make that prediction, I doubt I'll be the last). He joins the likes of Sens. McCain and Edwards, so he won't be lonely.

I am pleased to have found the time to engage a reader in the discussion regarding Pennsylvania Cyber Charter Schools... while it is focused on PA, specifically, it is a worthy debate in any state.

Hopefully I'll find my groove again soon... maybe I just need a vacation.

Heh. Sometimes I crack myself up.



Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook