Monday, April 16, 2007

Long distace run around...

Subtitled: Tell me why I don't like Mondays....


So I got up early today... earlier than usual ... to beat the weather. Wind, rain, sleet, hail, pestilence ...

You get the idea, especially if you live on the East coast.

I decided to take my stand-by vehicle, the '92 Blazer. It was my go-to car for about 2 years, but was replaced in November with my '01 RAV-4. Being that it was so foul out, I figured a true 4-wheel drive might be better suited in case I - for whatever reason - had to get into the slop today.

So I headed out in the pouring rain, and occasional sleet, and motored down the highway. I-78 is where the rumbles started.... you know that odd sound of a the engine seemingly hesitating, but not really?

Maybe too much moisture in the air intake? The engine was hot enough to steam it away, but that would account for the rumble.
Maybe bad gas?

Soon, it became apparent: the fuel system was compromised. Either the fuel pump or the filter needs to be replaced. I determined this when I was passing someone and stalled. 5:15 AM: Not a good time to have that happen, let me tell you.

So the tow showed up about 40 minutes later... and after getting hooked up, we headed back. Now the snow was collecting at home, the wind was howling, and I decided it's just not worth it. So I am working remotely ... so long as the power holds out...

All that rain.... makes me feel like a schindleria praematurus ...

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook