Monday, March 13, 2006

You never know what you might find

This post was drafted several weeks ago, and wasn't posted. That I have been swamped this month and haven't posted much, I resurrected it, as I think there's fodder for discussion in this topic.

"Hey Charlie, did you ever Google an ex?"

Why no, but why would I? A couple of co-workers were laughing about what appears to have been a popular meme at one time, and asked if I ever did a search on an ex. I had never gave it any thought... the days of long ago and far away are just that, so what's the point?

Of course, curiosity is a nagging nuisance, so after a few hours I went to Google and entered the name of a certain someone who was once the center of my life (not that I ever had that many to draw from).

If I can assume the former occupier of my attention -- I do so hate the term ex, unless it is applied to someone who warrants contempt, which was not the case -- uses a hyphinated maiden-married name, the only item to appear is a little something involving a state worker being found guilty of accepting bribes.

Obviously, I cannot provide more detail, other than to say the person referenced in the articles (and there were many reporting this woman's name and circumstances) has done her time in jail and has long since been released.

Could it have been the same gal I knew long ago? There were a few quotes provided that I could conceivably hear her saying, but that's far from convincing. We haven't spoken in about 14 or 15 years, and I can't think of anyone who knows her... hell, outside of my much-better-half, there aren't many people who I knew 15 years ago that I still speak with, outside of family. Alas, this mystery will have to remain one.

So now it's your turn: ever Google and ex? If so, what did you find?





Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook