Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Cindy Sheehan has gone around the bend


This Blog has paid respect for the heroic service of Casey Sheehan, and has extended condolences to his family, notably Mrs. Cindy Sheehan.

I know there are a few radicals and nut-jobs that have had harsh words for Mrs. Sheehan and her grief. I don't know her grief, but I believe my criticism has been fair. I have criticized the media attention paid to her, as opposed to others in her similar position who disagree with her, and I've criticized the kinds of groups that she has let freely associate with her, but that is where I've stopped.

Until today.

Quoting from Huffington Post: (emphasis by me)

I have been silent on the Gold Star Moms who still support {President Bush} and his war by saying that they deserve the right to their opinions because they are in as much pain as I am. I would challenge them, though, at this point to start thinking for themselves. Iraq DID NOT have WMD; Iraq WAS NOT linked to Al Qaeda and 9/11; Iraq WAS NOT a threat or danger to America. How can these moms who still support George Bush and his insane war in Iraq want more innocent blood shed just because their sons or daughters have been killed? I don't understand it. I don't understand how any mother could want another mother to feel the pain we feel. I am starting to lose a little compassion for them. I know they have been as brainwashed as the rest of America, but they know the pain and heartache and they should not wish it on another. However, I still feel their pain so acutely and pray for these "continue the murder and mayhem" moms to see the light.

Mrs. Sheehan is now stepping on thin ice. No rational person would dare say she is not entitled to her opinion or her grief, but she is simply wrong. This Blog has chronicled where the President's assertions on Iraq were either proved correct or demonstrated to be legitimate concerns (based on our own Intel, and that of our Allies and the UN). But Mrs. Sheehan doesn't stop there: she dares to insult other grieving mothers because they don't agree with her.

No... Mrs. Sheehan isn't crazy, says she. The whole world is crazy.

That is hardly rational thinking. Someone close to her ought to calm her down. Don't relent on her petition to the government -- that is her right. But her rhetoric is going to make Moderates and even many Democrats turn against her.

It's time to sit down, Mrs. Sheehan, before you further mock the mother's of your son's comrades in arms.

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook