Friday, May 20, 2005

Support for the fallen heroes

Love him or hate, you have to give him credit here.
 
Sean Hannity has organized his third annual Freedom Concert, benefiting the Freedom Alliance which provides college scholarships for the children of fallen soldiers. While he has promised to do more than one concert this year, the kick-off concert is the only one annoucned thus far, and it will be held at SixFlags Great Adverture in Jackson, NJ (exit 7a NJ Turnpike).  Headline acts include LeAnn Rimes, Aaron Tippin and Buddy Jewel.
 
I don't know about the rest of you, but the best thing I can say about Country Music (in general) is that I tolerate it. My much-better-half and sons could probably name individual songs these three singers have performed, but surely I can not.  They play it whenever we're in the car, and beyond that I would listen to Rock or talk radio.  So don't use me as a judge for this genre of music.
 
That being said, a big portion of the ticket price goes to the Freedom Alliance, and it is indeed a worthy cause.   Tickets are available by phone at 800-329-5454 or at SixFlags directly.  And if you don't care a whit about Country music, you can go to Freedom Alliance and make a donation directly, as I will do!
 

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook