Sunday, May 22, 2005

SCAT is for Seniors, at least in NJ

If I hadn't seen it myself, I'd call it a joke in poor taste.

However, in New Jersey there is a public service for senior citizens named SCAT:

According to County DOT's own Introduction page, SCAT is defined as "the Monmouth County Transportation System (SCAT)." Er, right.

I suppose no one ever offered them an alternate meaning of the word scat.

This reminded of a job I held in southeastern Pennsylvania about 10 years ago. It was an SAP implementation project, named the North American Distribution System, or NADS.

Apparently no one at that company ever heard the George Carlin routine, wherein he wished there was a sports team named the Nads, so he could stand on the sidelines shouting "Go Nads! Go Nads! GO NADS! GONADS!" I had heard of that routine, years earlier, and in the job interview I nearly busted an artery trying to stifle my laughter...

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook