Saturday, May 07, 2005

Movie and Camping: a Camp-In

About an hour from home is a drive-in, where some 200 Scout families have gathered for a night of movies and to pitch tents and spend the night.

My much-better-half stayed home with our youngest, so my Bear Cub and I are here alone.

We saw The Pacifier and The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Pacifier was well received, but HH went over everyone's head (I am a fan of the books so it wasn't lost on me.)

The big disappointment : its about 40 degrees or less!

UPDATE: Yes, we survived the camp-in. At about 5AM I walked about the camp grounds, and came across the cooking area. One of the troops were tasked with cooking breakfast for all of the scouts and their families, and the eggs and ham-and-eggs were great (and, of course, COFFEE!). The single serve cups of juices - orange, cranberry, grape - were frozen. Imagine that! How cold was it? Who knows...

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook