Sunday, December 19, 2004

More on food

The way I write about food would lead some to believe I am a double for John Goodman. While driving 4 hours a day and sitting a desk for another 8 hasn't much good for my body mass, I hover pretty consistently around 215-220 lbs; certainly not Men's Health cover quality, but definitely not Larry Joe Campbell.

I used to think food was a topic that would be largely one I could discuss with most people, that excepting certain unique tastes, it was common ground for all. I learned that I was in a minority on the topic of 'Comfort Food' (see here), and even when I discussed the matter with folk who know me outside the Blog, I seemed to be the only person who couldn't define the term (for the record: the consensus with my friends is that it was gender-thing, which would be no doubt challeneged by many of the commentors at ASV). I still don't get Comfort Food, but I won't rehash it here.

So here's another food topic. Maybe it'll become a meme:

Fruit Cake! Some people absolutely love it (FruitCake Society) others hate it more than the candidate in an opposing party. Where do you stand?

1.Do you like fruit cake?
2.Have you ever given fruit cake as a present?
3.How often have you recieved fruit cake as a present: a) annually b) rarley c) never
4.Have you ever regifted a fruit cake?
5.Some people make their own, have you ever baked a fruit cake?
6.Do you eat fruit cake any time other than during the Christmas season?
7.Please explain what you like/dislike about fruitcake

And here's my answers:

1. Do you like fruit cake? No
2. Have you ever given fruit cake as a present? No
3. How often have you recieved fruit cake as a present: Never
4. Have you ever regifted a fruit cake? See #3
5. Some people make their own, have you ever baked a fruit cake? Nope
6. Do you eat fruit cake any time other than during the Christmas season? I avoid it all year long
7. Please explain what you like/dislike about fruitcake I look at fruit cake and wonder what about it is so appealing. Candied fruit in a cake? Visually speaking, I look at it and find it unappealing. I've tasted it 2 or 3 times in my life and was unwhelmed by it.

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook