Saturday, October 23, 2004

On being home


So I have been home since October 14th. You would think I could report to you all of my latest musings about the issues and news, especially with 10 days left before the election.

The election: for a would-be political pundit such as myself, we're in the 8th inning of game 7 of the World Series, if you would permit me the analogy. And here I am, largely silent for the last 10 days or so, and I have been comparatively muted since July. A check of my archives would confirm this statement.

Strangely, things are different when I am out of work. Back in July, I was home for about a month. I was, for the most part, unemployed. I received an offer about the 2nd or 3rd week, but I was actively seeking work before and after accepting that offer. Yet getting free time on my PC was hard to come by. One would think if my full-time employment was in jeopardy, my FT duties would be to find new work. But that was left for late nights and odd days.

For the last 10 days I've been unemployed, and this marks the first time I've say for more than a few minutes at my desk. I've sent some brief Blogs via my cell phone WAP interface, but that is costly and has some noticeable limitations.

Why have I been away so much? When I am at home, my much-better-half gets the day-to-day help she really needs. Simple as that. Caring for an infant and an almost 9 year old is a full-time job in itself (never mind the home school aspect), and with chauffeuring them about for their routine appointments, my time is all but used up.

And hey: many of my posts here lament lack of sleep, so I am getting some of that, too.

I hope to find a routine I can relate to in the near future, with more postings here and on other blogs. In the meantime, it's 1:25, and I have one more post to make!

(Yes, yes: I do hope to catch up on my Blog reading as well!)









Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook