Thursday, July 08, 2004

Irony



An old man turned ninety-eight
He won the lottery and died the next day
It's a black fly in your Chardonnay
It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
Isn't it ironic... don't you think?



Today is the first time all week I've been given the chance to seriously pound the electronic pavement of job hunting. The irony I refer to in the Alanis Morrissette lyric above (in case you didn't catch the reference) is that finding a job is/ought to be my #1 priority this week, but family things have gotten in the way. My much-better-half was annoyed that I stayed online most of the late evenings last week, so I didn't do that this week.


Today I am going through 4 days worth of e-mails of job-agents with potential jobs. Then I start on one the 5-volumes of TTD (Things-To-Do) that await me. Then there were the errands to run and the like -- not that I mind in principle, but today is Thursday, and my first real opportunity to seek employment.

True, true, I did have an interview yesterday; it went well, but I still await a verdict, so I am not excited. So I can't say I haven't done anything, but there is so much more I should do.

To that end, I'll quit my whining and get on with it. I have but one political post to make, and that will be all for today. My aggregator of choice, Bloglines, has done a complete overhaul this week; my unread items is up near 1,000 .... will have to get back to reading later, hopefully by the weekend.



Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
When you think everything's okay and everything's going right
And life has a funny way of helping you out when
You think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up
In your face


Don't you simply revel at revel in those unique times you find a lyric that perfectly sums up your current status in life? I do. A pity this isn't one of those of times...

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook