Tuesday, June 15, 2004

More misrepresentation



I've been working on this one for a few days. Mr. Mike reiterated a number of those old chestnuts about the Bush Administration and it's war on terror:


"There are weapons of mass destruction."
Lie.

"Iraq is connected to Al Qaeda."
Lie.

"The promise for democracy in Iraq."
Lie.

Full Soverignty on June 30th.
Will probably be a lie.


So lets take these 'lies' in order:

There are weapons of mass destruction:


If you read my speech, I was very clear. Saddam Hussein could not be left to his own devices based on everything we learned about him for seven and a half years while we were inspecting in Iraq. People have forgotten that for seven and a half years, we found weapons of mass destruction. We were destroying weapons of mass destruction. We were, the United States of America, together with Ambassador Butler, and the United Nations.” Sen. John F. Kerry (CBS’ “Face The Nation,” 9/14/03) Courtesy of GOP.com


Iraq is connected to Al Qaeda:
"Certainly there's a connection between Iraq and Al Qaeda," said retired Gen. Wesley Clark in 2002. "It doesn't surprise me at all that they would be talking to Al Qaeda, that there would be some Al Qaeda there or that Saddam Hussein might even be, you know, discussing gee, I wonder since I don't have any scuds and since the Americans are coming at me, I wonder if I could take advantage of Al Qaeda? How would I do it? Is it worth the risk? What could they do for me?" Courtesy of eTalkinghead


The promise for democracy in Iraq.
Because Mr. Mike says it's a lie, it means the process that is undergoing isn't actually happening? The seeds are sown; it won't happen overnight (remember Germany after WW-II).


Full Soverignty on June 30th.
To be fair, Mr. Mike said 'probably a lie'... seems as if he's hoping it to be so. The hand-off will happen as planned... the seeds of democracy will take hold.





Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook