Tuesday, June 29, 2004

And then there was three...



Genesis fans will recognize the reference, but in fact I have three days of employment left.

Went to a job fair at a major Medical/Tech outfit today. Felt like I was choosing classes for college all over again. This table for LOGISTICS jobs; that table for PROJECT MANAGEMENT; SALES was over here, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT there, SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT was in one corner. IT had a line that snaked around the room, out the door and down the hall.

The Fair ran from 3-8 PM. I got there at 2:45; I estimated I was # 150 in line.

I had three 'mini-interviews'. At one I could tell I was blown off immediately. The other two lasted 10 and 15 minutes each; here's hoping they click, at least enough to get me a face-to-face interview with a hiring manager.

All I ask for is a shot... a decent shot at that.






Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook