Thursday, April 15, 2004

Sounds of Silence

Yahoo! News - Kerry Faults Bush on Iraq, Draws Heckler:

"During a question-and-answer session with the audience, retired college professor Walter Daum angrily accused Kerry of backing an imperialist policy in Iraq and called on the candidate to demand the immediate withdrawal of U.S. troops.

'You voted for this,' Daum shouted. As he spoke, a group stood silently and unfurled a large sign that read, 'Kerry take a stand: Troops out now.'

'You're not listening,' an exasperated Kerry said at one point. "


I first heard about the comments made by Mr. Walter Daum at about 4:15 this morning, on the Steve Malzberg show. Later, as I stepped into a colleague's office, I heard Rush Limbaugh speaking of the same incident.


I just Google'd the last heckler Sen. Kerry encountered in Bethlehem, PA. I found quite a number of hits.

When I Google for "Walter Daum" I barely get 6 hits.

It's still early in the day, but I think there's quite a little attention paid to Mr. Daum. Could it be there's more attention paid to a heckler who is from another party -- which, when you think about it, you'd expect an adversary to heckle you -- then when it's from your own party?

Maybe it's just me....

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook