Friday, March 26, 2004

Nothing


This post was going to be about nothing. I mean, I have nothing leaping off the browser that I want to share with the readers (and yes, I know you're out there! I read my own logs). I can go on about the inconsistencies of Richard Clark, or how boring Sen. Kerry's speech was last evening at the Democrat Unity Dinner (aptly abbreviated 'DUD'), but that stuff will wait for next week, I suppose.

A week ago I had about 12" of snow on the ground... by now its all gone, thanks to the mid-60 degree temps...

Regardless of the nice weather, I can't help but think of the desire to nap... days like this I think sleep is overrated... what the hell is the point of it all? Can't be just resting the body. Resting the mind? No... for what purpose are dreams then? For the sake of dreaming? Isn't an extension of our imagination? I can pretty much decide I want to free-associate or think about nothing particular any time I want; why do I need to be prone and disconnected from the world to do it?

"To sleep: perchance to dream" so said the Bard, but what else is there?

Maybe I am just tired, maybe I'm one of those in the minority that rarely remember my dreams, and thus have no value assigned to that which I don't experience like others do (on the plus side, no bad dreams either). Speaking of free association, there's that memorable J. Geils Band lyric:

And she never had dreams
so they never came true ...
the palest of angels
Angel in Blue

See what I mean? And I'm sitting here awake.

Well, back to work, and then home where there's anything but a relaxing weekend ahead.



Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook