Thursday, January 16, 2003

Seen in a discussion group...

The Difference Between The Liberal and Conservative:
"A Debate on Crime"

Question: You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner and is running at you while screaming obscenities. In your hand is a .357 Magnum and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Liberal Answer: Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! You're looking for simple solutions to complex issues.
* Does the man look poor or oppressed?
* Have I ever done anything to him that is inspiring him to attack?
* Could we run away?
* What does my wife think?
* What about the kids?
* Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
* What does the law say about this situation?
* Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
* Does he definitely want to kill me or would he just be content to wound me?
* If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days to try to come to a conclusion.

Conservative Answer: Shoot the son of a bitch! Then take your family to a baseball game, eat some hot dogs and apple pie, sing the national anthem, go to church and praise the Lord for one more day of freedom! Hallelujah!!

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook