Monday, March 18, 2002



To be filed under Believe it or don't! Comedian Steve Wright once opined 'It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.' I can adopt that to the Web.

You may have read one or more of my 'Holiday Chestnuts', those timely pieces I send about each Chrtistmas season. You may have even seen them on my ill-titled 'What's New' page. One of them, written by Bill Everlino entitled All about (Christmas) Eve, tells a delightfully memorable story. In the vast world known as the Internet, Mr. Everlino found my posting of it and was kind enough to write me telling so:


Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 10:13:32 EST
Subject: your site...

Hi, I periodically 'google' myself, and discovered your site this morning. I
was VERY impressed that you correctly attributed my "All About (Xmas) Eve"
story, from 20 years ago. I'm now a columnist for the Record in Bergen Cty
NJ, and reworked that story (ie cleaned it up a bit) in the early 90s as "The
Nightmare Before Christmas." It also appears in my book "Some Kind of
Wiseguy: Stories About Parents, Weddings, Modern Living and Growing Up
Italian."
As you may know, since the early 80s it has been passed around the world
17,000 times and is also a popular mass-Email every December, although my
name never appears on it. Every year, another 10 people send it to me and
say, "I think you'll like this, it reminds me of your stuff.'
At any rate, thanks for putting my name on it!
Bill



How about that? Never let it be said that I don't steal good stuff!! Only the best!

Sphere: Related Content
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati FavesFacebook